Explore our videos, models and read the stories from all over Singapore.
Singapore National Theatre
The Singapore National Theatre was an outdoor theatre built along River Valley Road in 1963 to commemorate Singapore's self-government.
It was deemed structurally unsafe in the 1980s and torn down soon after.
Tanjong Pagar Railway Station
Also called the Keppel Railway Station, the Tanjong Pagar Railway Station was built in 1932 and operated as the Southern terminal for KTM's operations. It was built in an Art Deco style with 4 outdoor pillars signifying Agriculture, Commerce, Transport and Industry.
It was closed and gazetted as a national monument in 2011.
CHIJMES was first built in 1840 with construction of Caldwell House. The Chapel was added in 1940. Although largely influenced by the Anglo-French Gothic style, the complex is comprised of buildings from different styles and periods.
It was gazetted a national monument on 26th October 1990. The complex has been restored for commercial purposes and is now used as a dining, shopping, entertainment and nightlife venue.
Jamae Mosque was set-up in 1826 by the Tamil Muslim who came to Singapore as traders or money-changers. The Mosque is an eclectic fusion of South Indian Influences with the Neo-Classical style of George Drumgoole Coleman.
It was gazetted a national monument on 29th November 1974. The Mosque is now managed by MUIS and is an important community space for the Tamil Muslims in Singapore.
Former national stadium - The grand old dame
The former Singapore National Stadium was opened in July 1973 to promote sports in Singapore and also improve our standing internationally as a sporting nation.
It was officially closed on 30 June 2007 to make way for the new Singapore Sports Hub and National Stadium.
Former National Library Building at stamford road
The National Library Building at Stamford Road was opened on 12th November 1960.
Reflecting the red-brick epoch style of British Architecture in the 1950s, The National Library Building at Stamford Road was a gathering place for students, workers, families and the local arts community.
It was closed on 31 March 2004 to make way for the Fort Canning Tunnel. The building's demolition has been credited with encouraging heritage conservation in Singapore.